Frequently Asked Questions
Click on one of the question categories below. Got a question not answered here? Contact us!
Questions About Alphabet e-Patterns
- What are Alphabet e-Patterns?
- An Alphabet e-Pattern is a printable PDF document computer file made up of pages with the alphabet, numerals and punctuation in a specific font style. For more information on PDF documents, see the FAQs under "Questions About PDF Documents".
- How do I use Alphabet e-Patterns?
- These printable alphabet patterns can be printed on any paper with your own printer just like you would print any other document. Cut the printed alphabet patterns out and use them as templates to trace, or use the negative cutout as a stencil, or use the paper alphabet cutouts themselves for your craft project. For example, they make great applique alphabet patterns.
- How many times can I print my Alphabet e-Patterns?
- The great thing about Alphabet e-Patterns is that you can use the PDF file to print the alphabet patterns for your own use as often as you need or want fresh patterns. Printing the letter patterns on card stock or heavy paper will make tracing easier and enable you to reuse the same patterns numerous times. Once printed, you can also trace them onto plastic template sheets, cut them out and use forever! Be sure to save your Alphabet e-Pattern file in a safe place.
- What characters are included in Alphabet e-Patterns?
- Alphabet e-Patterns includes all 26 letters of the alphabet in upper and lower case (unless the font only has one case, which will be noted on the details page for that font), numerals 0 through 9, and punctuation.
- What if I want a specific font that you don't have listed?
- Send us an email and let us know what font you're interested in. If we have access to the font, we can make a custom alphabet pattern for you.
- What if I need more durable alphabet patterns or stencils?
- AlphabetPatterns.com has partnered with Stencil Ease which offers high-quality, laser cut, mylar stencils which will last for years and years. Get decorative shape stencils, a complete alphabet stencil or a custom stencil of your own letters, words or phrases up to 22 inches in length. Click here to browse their site now.
- What size are the alphabet patterns?
- Alphabet e-Patterns come in different sizes. The sizes available are indicated on the details page of each font. Save money by purchasing Value Paks which include all sizes available for a specific font. Size measurements are of the uppercase letters. For example, a 2-inch pattern means that the uppercase letters measure 2 inches from top to bottom.
Questions About PDF Documents
- What is a PDF document?
- PDF is short for Portable Document Format, a document format developed by Adobe Systems. PDF allows online publications to appear exactly as they do in print, and uniformly from one web browser to another.
- What do I need to view and print my Alphabet e-Pattern PDF document?
- Viewing and printing a PDF document requires a software program called Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded free from Adobe, however most computers have Acrobat Reader already installed. If you do not have it installed, click here to download it now.
- How do I know if I have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed?
- Click this link. If your browser gives you a choice between "Open" and "Save File", choose "Open". Adobe Acrobat Reader should start and you should see the document displayed on your screen. If you get a box that says "Open With" at the top and asks you which program you want to use to open the file, look to see if "AcroRd" or "AcroRead" is one of the choices. If it is, click on it to highlight it and click "OK".
If "AcroRd" is not one of the choices, or you get a different error when you click on the above link, you need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer. To download Acrobat Reader for free, click this link to go to the Adobe web site. Follow the instructions to download the file to your computer. Be sure to save the file in a place where you can find it again! Once you have downloaded the file, use My Computer or File Manager to find the file. Double click on the file to launch the setup program. The setup program will install Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer. It will automatically configure your computer to use Adobe Acrobat Reader to open PDF files.
- How do I view and print my Alphabet e-Pattern PDF file?
- To view and print the Alphabet e-Patterns, double click on the PDF file. Adobe Acrobat Reader should start automatically and you should see the document displayed on your screen. To print the alphabet patterns, go to the File menu and select Print. You can print the whole alphabet or just what you need.
- Why are the letters smaller than they should be when I print the PDF file?
- Your patterns can print out in the wrong size if you use the page scaling option in the Adobe Acrobat Reader print dialogue box. Be sure that "None" is selected for this option. Click here for an illustration showing the location of this option.
Questions About Ordering
- How do I purchase an Alphabet Pattern?
- Ordering is easy! Simply find the font you like, select the size in the drop-down list and click on the "Add to Cart" button. When finished adding the alphabet patterns you want, click on the "Checkout" button. You will need to fill out an online form giving billing information. Once the checkout process is completed, you will immediately be taken to a page with links to download the alphabet patterns you purchased.
- Does your site provide secure ordering?
- Yes! AlphabetPatterns.com uses NetBilling.com for completely secure credit card transaction processing. You will notice a locked padlock icon in your browser (usually near the address bar or on the bottom of the browser window) which indicates that the information submitted via that web page is secure. You will also notice "https" instead of "http" in the address bar.
- How will my Alphabet e-Patterns be delivered?
- Immediately upon completing the online purchasing and checkout process, your online receipt will include a link for you to download the Alphabet e-Pattern. You will also receive an email with the download link. You will have 48 hours to download the file. You can then print and use the alphabet
- How do I download my Alphabet e-Patterns?
- For a good tutorial on how to download files, click here.